Sunday, May 3, 2009

Our Little Surprise!

With a title like that I feel like I need to clarify... No, I am NOT pregnant!

A few months ago, Eric found some tickets to fly home for less than 1/2 the price they usually are, so we decided to surprise our families for Mother's Day. Eric's family was nice to help us REALLY surprise my mom by picking us up at the airport, keeping our trip a secret, and letting us borrow their car to drive to Burley while they stayed awhile in Utah.

Knowing that my family had a wedding reception to attend at 7:00 PM Sat evening, I called my mom (on the house phone) just as we were taking the Burley exit (6:45 PM) and pretended I needed a recipe. After 15 minutes of stalling her, we finally arrived at the house. After parking the car in the tennis court (where they couldn't see) and sneaking Kinsley up to the garage porch in her carseat, Eric hid the camera on top of the carseat, knocked on the door, and then we both hid... (we apologize for the bad video but we couldn't redo it)

We really enjoyed surprising everyone and are grateful we were able to find such a good deal on tickets! It was also nice to visit with Eric's family in Utah--they haven't ALL been able to meet together very often the past few years so we felt very fortunate to visit with everyone! (Thanks, Patti, for planning the reunion and thanks to Al, Shel, Tanya, Ray and Joyce for being there!)

My dad was released as the Single Adults' Branch President so we were able to attend church with them and hear him and Mom share their testimonies. We feel spoiled for the bountious blessings we've received--especially the relationships we share with our families!

Hobson's, Barker's, Jones', Burges', Pincock's

6 comments:

Femme Facetious said...

Ahahaha I love it! The look on your mom's face was priceless.

Lant Family said...

How fun! I am glad you guys made it there and are now enjoying time with your family.

Ashley said...

What a fun little trick!!!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Wow i hope i can to this some day!

The Gracie Jones blog said...

Oh boy that was funny! We could watch that video over and over...nice work on the little surprise! Can't wait to hang out this weekend :)

Jill Manning said...

I'm a sap, I am totally a sap. I cried watching the video. What a fun surprise!