Thursday, May 21, 2009

Eleven Months

Kinsley turned 11 months yesterday! I still can't believe she will be ONE next month. She now walks around the entire house without our help or encouragement. It is the weirdest thing sitting on the couch or cooking in the kitchen and then seeing her walk by- I don't know if I can explain it- She no longer seems like my baby but more like a little person. She is starting to understand us and has a funny little personality. Here are a few stories:
  • If I tell Kinsley "no" or take something away from her she will glare at me and grunt.
  • She watched me put her toys in her toy basket then she walked over to the tv remote, picked it up, and placed it in the toy basket on top of her toys.
  • When Eric and I cuddle on the couch she gets jealous and tries to break us up.
  • When my cell phone rings she dances and when it stops she cries.
  • I told her to stop throwing her peas on the floor. First she glared at me. Then one by one she handed the peas to me so I could eat them.
  • I was playing with her doll and kissing it. She walked over to me, kissed me, and then took her doll away.

Walking around

Dancing

Eric and I decided to purchase a zoo membership. We bought our membership yesterday and decided to walk around the zoo for an hour with some friends. We all enjoyed looking at the polar bears, panda bears, and the sea lions. Personally, the polar bears were my favorite.

7 comments:

Scot and Jenny said...

Cute pictures! I've always liked the polar bears too!

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

How fun! I wish there was a cool zoo around here. The closest one is about 3 hours... Kinsley sure is getting big! Hard to believe she'll be 1!!! Hope you guys are having a good week. :)

Lant Family said...

Yeah I know what you mean about them just walking around the house. It is wierd to think they aren't where you left them anymore. It is like all of a sudden they grow up so fast.

Brittany H said...

I can't believe how she can walk! I can't get Jefferson to take a step!

The Gracie Jones blog said...

That is crazy that she is just walking around like a pro now!! She's so good! A zoo pass is a good idea for Kinsley's age...I'm sure she'll be able to make all of the zoo animal noises in no time!

The Jones Crew said...

Those videos are soooo cute. Thanks for posting them it is so fun to be able to watch Kinsley grow up!

JJ said...

Awesome zoo pics! Glad you guys enjoyed it. And next time Eric, don't kiss the sea lions, they said they'll kick you out for good if there're anymore inappropriate advancements.