Before Grocery Bag Holder
Friday, May 15, 2009
Feeling Crafty
Yesterday I was feeling crafty- which doesn't happen too often- so I decided to make a grocery bag holder (thanks for the idea Chelsi and Jenny!). I learned two valuable lessons in my attempt to be crafty. #1 I have no sewing skills what-so-ever. A project that probably would have taken a skilled person an hour to complete took me over six hours! #2 NEVER, I repeat NEVER bring Eric to a fabric store. He complained the entire time. "You are taking too long." "Why does it matter if the fabric matches no one will see it because it will be in the pantry." "Buy the cheapest fabric." "This is SO boring." "I am hungry." "Just pick something and leave." I eventually had to send him to the sporting store next door because he was driving me crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Great job! It's so cute... I really need to follow through with some of the ideas I get from other people. You've inspired me ;)
That is way cute and so creative, i wouldn't have thought to use so many different fabrics, I love it. P.S. what a whiner he can be. oh and your before bag holder looks identical to mine!
Great bag! I love the different fabrics you sewed together.
Allie
Learningtobefrugal.com
You did a great job and yes husbands have no business in the fabric store. They do not understand or appreciate the picking out of cute fabric. That was funny.
Mitzi
I like the cute bag you have just made it would take me forever to make one I wish i was so crafty like you are I hope you have a great day.
Love, Kristi
I so need to do this. I just found some instructions in a magazine that used dish towels. I'm not as crafty as you, so I think I'll do that one - but thanks for the motivational push I needed to actually do it!
It turned out so cute! I love the fabric your chose! Great job!!!
Post a Comment