Friday, July 20, 2012

Xelha- Dolphin Swim

FINALLY on day three, in Playa, the sun came out and Eric and I got to spend the entire day in the water. We went to a place near Playa del Carmen called Xelha. They had all kinds of things you could go... cliff jump, tube down a little river, swim with sting rays, swim with manatees, snorkel, scuba, and my favorite... SWIM WITH DOLPHINS!!! Before the vacation I told Eric, "I don't care what we do as long as I get to swim with dolphins." He made my dream come true! Apparently, swimming with dolphins wasn't his dream (and I couldn't convince him... begging, pleading, and bribery didn't work)- so he watched me for an hour and took my picture.
You had the option of grabbing onto the dolphin's dorsal fin and having him pull you around or having two dolphins push on your feet to raise you out of the water. When I debated the two options, I foresaw the latter ending poorly, so I opted to just grab onto the dolphin's fin. That seemed much safer (and it was).
dolphin fin swim



Dolphins can jump!
I don't know about you... but I think the dolphin had a crush on me.

1 comment:

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

That looks so amazing!! I would totally want to do that.