Sunday, July 29, 2012

Lake Alturas With The Pierce's

 We went camping with Eric's family the first week in July.  We packed up and headed to the Sawtooth National Forest and stayed near Lake Alturas.  The kids were happy campers because we had a HUGE dirt pile in the middle of our campground.  They could have played there all day, every day and been on cloud nine.
 After playing in the dirt pile we took the kids to the lake.  The water was super cold so neither of the girls wanted to get in and get clean.  While at the lake, I looked over at the group next to us and whispered to Eric, "Doesn't that guy over there look like Stuart Hill?" (a high school classmate)  Eric said, "Yeah, it kind of looks like him but I don't think it is him because he is too skinny.  Surely he would have put on more weight in the past 12 years."  We continued watching our kids play on the beach.  Then the guy talked.... and if you know the Hill's, you know they have a distinct accent.  Sure enough, I was right, it was Stuart Hill and his family!  Small world.
 We also went white water rafting and to some hot pots with the family, but I didn't want to risk my camera getting wet, so I don't have any pictures.  Our kids had an ok time on the raft.  Aila was concerned the entire trip and eventually fell asleep looking really uncomfortable in her life jacket.
 One morning we all made camping shirts.  The kids had a great time and even colored mine and Eric's shirts for us.
 The cutest campers in their shirts.
 Eric teaching his nephews some mean pranks to play on their friends/classmates.

No comments: