Friday, July 27, 2012

Friend Trip- Jackson Hole & Yellowstone

This year we went to Yellowstone/Jackson Hole Wyoming for our annual friend trip. It was very beautiful and the company (as always) was a pleasure. Although, Eric and I have yet to discover the draw to Yellowstone National Park. It smells bad. With kids, you spend hours driving in the car to spend a few minutes looking at something. It stinks. You can't feed the animals. It really smells bad. There are a lot of people there. Oh, and did I happen to mention how terrible it stinks? Seriously, there were a few spots there I thought I was going to lose my lunch and there were a few places Eric wouldn't even get out of the car because it smelt so bad. But there were some parts there were breathtakingly beautiful. However, next year, my vote for friend trip destination is someplace tropical or at least not smelly.Lunch time
Eric found this tree to sit on and eat his lunch... moments later Kinsley was sitting there. Daughter like father.
smelly holes
We made a special stop by these bison so I could get a picture of Kinsley with them but suddenly my inner flash on my BRAND NEW CAMERA stopped working. I was livid. The rest of the photos at Yellowstone look terrible. Luckily, once we got back to the cabin I had a backup camera.
waterfalls
We had an awesome cabin with great rooms and beautiful views. They even had an indoor hot tub that was used multiple times a day.
Aila is the least friendly child I know. I don't know why she hates people so much. But at the end of the trip I caught her snuggling with Salina (who I got her name from)... she didn't even cuddle with ME the entire vacation!!!

1 comment:

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

I am so happy to hear that I am not the only one with a "people hater" for a child. Well, not happy. But you get what I mean. My littlest, Maggie, gets mad if anyone, who she is not familiar with, and sometimes even with her own family, even looks at her. She will not play with the kids in nursery and I don't know what to do about it. If anything has worked for you, I would love to know!