Thursday, June 9, 2011

Where is she?

Recently, Kinsley has started hiding when she KNOWS she is being naughty...
  • behind the treadmill- coloring on my wall
  • in her room- taking ALL of the books off of the shelf
  • under the piano- smearing chapstick into the carpet
  • under the dinner table- not eating her dinner
  • in the closet- eating ALL the gum in my purse
  • behind the bathroom door- taking ALL of the things out of my wallet
  • behind the rocking chair- with scissors
One morning the house suddenly grew silent (never a good sign). I yelled for Kinsley and got no response. I looked in every room trying to find her and came up empty handed. I thought "maybe she went outside" and then remembered the childproof things we have on our door knobs (that I sometimes can't even open) and erased that thought. I ran by Aila four times before I discovered Kinsley hiding under the box.
When I asked Kinsley what she was doing she said, "I am pretending to be a turtle!" Ahhh, that explains it.

5 comments:

The Gracie Jones blog said...

haha....clever girl! I too hate when things get quiet, it's never a good thing. She and Gracie must be related...

The Jones Crew said...

What a cute little turtle! I love you and I miss you guys so very much Love, Kristi Jones

The Longloopers said...

So I looked at the first picture rather slowly and I didn't realize she was in the box. I felt pretty stupid for not seeing her little fingers.... because honestly, she could have fooled me! So cute! Just a reminder.... we will babysit your children when you move here... SO CUTE!

Andrea Grover said...

My kids do that with the laundry basket, only we can see them through the holes on the sides.

The Cannons said...

Kiley,
Will you e-mail me your address. I have had your little handmade gift finished forever and I need to send that out.
Thanks,
mitzi.cannon@gmail.com