Thursday, June 23, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Last week Eric was in Salt Lake City for an Optometry Conference. He had a great time spending time with family and friends and attending various optometric meetings. He even had a winning paper and came home richer than when he left. We are very proud of him.

However, we missed him terribly! Kinsley came to the conclusion that he was mad at me and didn't want to come home from school. So sad. Luckily he was only gone for four days and came home on Father's Day. Kinsley was SO excited to see him! She crawled in bed with him, and said, "Dad, I made you a card, and I bought you a blue shirt, and a razor, and a hammer." (we actually got him a hatchet- so that was somewhat of a surprise) Apparently, shopping with your children is a bad idea.
Eric is an amazing man! I always feel like the luckiest girl because he chose to marry me. Kinsley idolizes and adores him. Aila thinks he is the funniest man in the world. The girls and I are very lucky to have him. He is kind, fun, patient, spiritually minded, thoughtful, and is always willing to serve others. He makes our lives better and he makes us want to be better. He is, simply, THE BEST!
He makes this face when I try to kiss him too. =)

2 comments:

Greenwood Family said...

Once when Paige was about 3 or 4 we went to town and bought Jeff a weed wacker for his birthday. We we got home, she excitedly said, "Dad, we bought you a wood chopper!" Yeah, maybe shopping with the kids is not the best idea. :)

The Jones Crew said...

I hope Eric had a Happy Father's Day! Love, Kristi