My summer just wouldn't be complete without the Cassia County Fair. I love the smells, the ribbons, the displays, the food, the projects, the animals, and seeing people I've known my life. Growing up in a small town was awesome!

Eric told Kinsley to kiss this cow. She did it.... reluctantly. Eric thought it was funny and gave her a kiss. I informed him, "You did see the green manure on the cows nose right?" He didn't kiss her the rest of the night.


"Kinsley, don't put your fingers in the turkey cage." (minutes later I hear a screaming child.... MY screaming child) "Kinsley did you put your finger in the turkey cage?"

"Yes. Mean turkey!"
FOOD! FOOD! FOOD! I think everyone has favorite places to eat at the fair whether it be a maple bar from Declo Stake, a chicken salad from Al's Pizza, a sub from Papa Kelsey's, a Dutch Oven dinner, Fajita in a Pita, kettle corn, scones, corn on the cob, cotton candy..... yum... it makes me hungry just thinking about it. Of course we spent a few too many dollars on all of our favorite foods.


One evening Eric's parents watched Kinsley while we went to the Rodeo with some of our friends. We had a great time! It has been a goal for Matty's wife, Rhiannon, to sell cotton candy at the rodeo (to each his own).


I am sure my doctor would frown upon eating straight sugar while having gestational diabetes but it was DELICIOUS!!!! (I still don't believe I have G.D.--- when I got home and checked my "sugars" it was only 80... I should eat cotton candy more often!)
1 comment:
It looks like you guys had fun at the cassia county fair and rodeo it looks like you guys had a lot of food to eat that night it looks like Kinsley had a great time with all of the animals Love, Kristi
Post a Comment