Sunday, September 5, 2010
Misc. From Vacation
The kids loved playing at this park! It still amazes me that Burley, Idaho has such a fun park for little kids to play at!
My dad, the stake president, owns a Harley (gasp). Not many people know about it. I think he is embarrassed by it because he rarely ever rides it. I don't even think he is licensed to drive it. When he first got it he asked us not to tell anyone, especially his mother. Shh, it is a family secret. What can I say, everyone has a mid-life crisis. I caught him and my mom on the bike before they took off- around the country mile. My mom is wearing the rag on her head because she didn't want to get tangles in her hair. No, we are NOT bikers.
While in Burley, I talked my reluctant mother into helping me make a quilt for baby #2. She and I have NO quilting skills but it was funner stressing about it together than by myself. I found a post about an "easy-peasy beginner quilt" (here) online and fell in love with it. I told my mom about it and told her it SAID "easy-peasy." I got my fabric at The Gathering Place in Rupert-- seriously, if you are a quilter and have never been here you MUST go. Being an amateur quilter I found the place quite overwhelming. I made my mom come into the store and showed her the fabric I liked. She said, "Have you been into the other room?"-- "WHAT?! There is ANOTHER room!?!?!" That is where we found my fabric. The quilt didn't end up being as large as I wanted it. The fabric wasn't wide enough and so instead of 11 inch squares I have 9 inch squares-- so all of my strips are not as wide as the online version. When we went back into the store to get instructions on binding, backing, and quilting we were both a tad confused but were excited to learn they could do it for us!!! Yes, that is our idea of an "easy-peasy" quilt! I can't wait to see the finished product!
Abby was induced just before we left and we were able to meet my cute new niece, Lucy Jean Jones. I was worried how Kinsley would treat her but she loved hugging her, poking her, and kissing her. She could have stayed with the baby all day but since Abby needed some rest we left.
Kinsley was very curious and found Lucy's nose, mouth, eyes, and ears. Then she took off the blanket and discovered her feet and toes. Kinsley saw Lucy's belly button and said, "Yucky Mommy!"


We had an awesome trip filled with family and friends! It is always a little sad leaving everyone behind. Kinsley misses going outside all day and having attention 24-7. The other day I told her we were going to lunch and she said, "Grandma and Grandpa?" Unfortunately, I had to tell her they wouldn't be there. Another day we went to the park and I asked her what park she wanted to go to and she said, "Russel's park!" She hasn't yet grasped the concept that they are about 2,000 miles away. The only complaint we have from our vacation is that someone (not me) left our iPod on the airplane. We filed a claim but we know deep down that we will never see our iPod again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cute quilt. I thinking quilting is hard. Good job.
I like all of the pictures that you have on your blog they are all just to cute we are so happy to come down and see you guys I get to fly on a airplane in 22 more days with mom and dad It will be so fun to see you guys again we are all flying to Mississippi Love, Kristi
Post a Comment