We spent four days with Eric's family at Jackson Lake, Wyoming. It was such a beautiful place! We were so glad we could come and spend time with our families. On our first day we saw a lot of wildlife. We drove by a herd of bison, bears were sighted near camp, one deer almost ran into grandpa's car, and three deer walked in front of our cabin. We loved being so close to nature... or so we thought...
During our first night in our cabin, around midnight, we awoke to a russeling sound. Eric woke me up and said, "Do you hear that? I think we have mice." I turned on the light thinking "Gross, I hate mice." Eric went to investigate the sound. He went over to the plastic bag (where the noise was coming from) and peered in. He had a puzzled look on his face then he looked at me and said, "It's a bat!" I thought he was joking, but then a bat swooped down from the ceiling and tried to attack his head. I ran from the room screaming and locked myself in the bathroom (yes, I left Kinsley behind with the bats). We didn't have a hard time getting the first bat out of the room because he was still in the sack-- we just tossed the entire thing outside-- but we spent an hour throwing things at the second one trying to get him out the door. We had a very restless night because whenever we heard a sound we turned on the light to see if we had more bats in our room. I learned an important lesson... while I do hate mice, I hate bats even more.
During our first night in our cabin, around midnight, we awoke to a russeling sound. Eric woke me up and said, "Do you hear that? I think we have mice." I turned on the light thinking "Gross, I hate mice." Eric went to investigate the sound. He went over to the plastic bag (where the noise was coming from) and peered in. He had a puzzled look on his face then he looked at me and said, "It's a bat!" I thought he was joking, but then a bat swooped down from the ceiling and tried to attack his head. I ran from the room screaming and locked myself in the bathroom (yes, I left Kinsley behind with the bats). We didn't have a hard time getting the first bat out of the room because he was still in the sack-- we just tossed the entire thing outside-- but we spent an hour throwing things at the second one trying to get him out the door. We had a very restless night because whenever we heard a sound we turned on the light to see if we had more bats in our room. I learned an important lesson... while I do hate mice, I hate bats even more.
Some of us swam in the lake. I personally thought everyone was crazy for swimming in freezing coold water! PS Josh... Cute picture!!!
Kinsley loves doing this with her dad.
I've lived in Idaho for the majority of my life but have never seen Old Faithful in Yellowstone. My family went snowmobiling in Yellowstone one year and we went to see Old Faithful twice but each time we were running on "Chad Jones standard time" (aka 15 mins late) so we always missed it. So when I found out how close we were to Yellowstone I made Eric promise to take me to see Old Faithful! I am SOO glad I did because it was so neat to see.
5 comments:
Looks like a great time! I love the kissing cousins picture! They're just going to LOVE that when they're older!
What day were you guys in Yellowstone? We were there on Friday (the 14th).
What a great trip and every picture was perfect!!! I love the ones of her her and your guys in front of the mountains and she is sitting in the log thing. How beautiful! Glad you had a good time and got to spend so much time with family, what a treat!
What a fun trip. Glad you got to see Old Faithful!
Hecka fun trip! Must have been nice! Your little darling is such a cutie!
Post a Comment