Monday, August 3, 2009

My Chaos!

I have been pretty busy today getting ready to go on our vacation. There is laundry to do- so I can pack clean clothes in our suitcases. There is a house to clean and furniture to move- so the guy cleaning our carpet can see our floors. There is a cell phone to find. The little stinker was playing with my phone on Sunday and lost it! Maybe she put it by her missing ball (how do you lose a ball... I don't know) and my missing mascara. There is always dishes to do and dinner to make. So while I am amidst all of this chaos what do I decide to do... BAKE COOKIES!

I was blog surfing one day and found this recipe that I really wanted to try "Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies." They sounded so good and, in my opinion, one can never go wrong with peanut butter AND chocolate!!! I wanted to share the recipe with my mom but I didn't know how they would turn out. So I stopped everything that I was doing and started baking. They were SO yummy I decided I needed to blog about it! This is definitely a cookie that goes well with milk.

*SIGH* Now if I can just find my cell phone............


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies


Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture. Finally, mix in the oats and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

3. Bake for 8 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are golden. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.

8 comments:

Vrska's said...

I can't wait to try that recipe. Tim loves oatmeal anything. .Thanks!

The Cannons said...

Wow, you weren't kidding around. That's a lot of cookies. Looks yummy.
Mitzi

Chelsi said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing :)

Brent & Paij Collins said...

They do look delicious. Where are you going on vacation and when?

Jonna said...

I'm glad that you liked them! They are one of our favorites as well. Thanks for visiting.
Jonna
http://getoffyourbuttandbake.blogspot.com

Luna said...

Those look and sound great. Thanks for the recipe. It is always nice to have another cookie recipe.

Margaret Pratt said...

You are so funny! Thanks for sharing the recipe, they sound great! Have a wonderful time while you are home!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

I am glad you posted this...They were so good i was going to ask you for the recipe.