Horse- Caballo
Monday, June 1, 2009
Weekend Fun
Friday we decided to spend a few hours at the zoo. The Memphis Zoo is pretty big and was ranked America's #1 Zoo in 2008. We spent the afternoon at "Once Upon A Farm" (a petting zoo). Kinsley seemed to enjoy touching the animals and pointing at them. Eric wants our kids to be bilingual so I would tell her the animals' names in English then Eric would tell her the name in Spanish. I must have learned something in High School Spanish because I remembered the names of nearly all the farm animals!!! But if you ever ask me to conjugate a verb, you will get a blank stare!
As we were leaving the zoo, we ran into the penguins. As you can tell, Kinsley thought we were still in the petting zoo because she reached out her arms to touch one.
There are a lot of disc golf courses in Mississippi and Eric has been begging me to let him go play with Raymond. I thought I would surprise him for Father's Day and get him a disc golf set but instead he surprised me and went out and bought himself one (grrrr now I have to think of another gift!).
Amy (Raymond's wife), Kinsley, and I will sometimes join Raymond and Eric to watch where their discs land (so they don't lose anymore). Kinsley loves being outside in her stroller and is often seen "relaxing."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yikes, what course were they at with the big snake, i hate...no I am TERRIFIED of snakes, I want to avoid any contact with them!
Oh man, EVERY time I think of something good to get Dave for Bday/Christmas/Fathers Day, he always buys it before I have a chance to! Grrr is right!
Nice work on the spanish farm animals...those are the only things I remember too!! :) Love the picture of Kinsley relaxing...priceless.
We were at the Zoo Friday afternoon, but we skipped the farm animals! Too bad, it would have been fun to see you guys!
burro and pinguino! :) I LOVE ZOOS! Seriously, I think that I have my kids addicted too! :) Glad to see that I am not the only one! That is a good way to learn, make Eric speak to her only in Spanish, I wish that I could keep it up with my kids, that is all the research that I have done is to have one parent speak one language and the other the other language and start now! :)
You could probably still get him the discs for father's dad. It sounds like he may need them!
Post a Comment