Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Wintery Wonderland

This morning we woke up to beautiful white snow! Well, Eric only thought it was beautiful because he wanted school to be canceled. Unfortunately, all of the schools canceled except for SCO. It only snows a few times a year here and when it does I've heard the traffic is terrible (no one knows how to drive on the snow) and all of the bread and milk are sold out at the grocery stores (seems weird to me). So instead of getting Kinsley's shots today and going shopping it looks like we will stay warm and safe in our home.

During Christmas it snowed a lot in Idaho and I really wanted to build a snowman. To my dismay, the snow was powder so we were unable to build one. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to build one here. Since there wasn't a lot of snow and it was cold building a snowman with my bare hands and flip flops, I could only build a one foot snowman. I am certain that by the end of the day he will be just a puddle. But for now, he will be known as Memphis.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're hilarious! nice snow man.

"fred"

Scot and Jenny said...

Looks like fun. I'm liking the name of your snowman too. Cute!

Lindsay said...

Kiley, you are too funny! I love it...I am also liking the name!

hayleemj said...

Dang SCO. I was hoping it would be cancled too. No such luck.

The Gracie Jones blog said...

Memphis is pretty cute! That's funny that schools were closed with that little skiff of snow! Crazy!

Susan said...

That's a very cute snowman! How sad that everyone got a day off except SCO! So not fair!