Personally, I don't see the enjoyment of strapping long sticks to your feet and flying down a mountain in freezing cold temperatures. Laying on a warm beach sounds much more appealing. I started skiing when I was three years old (basically, my parents forced me to go) but I never LOVED the sport. I hadn't been in six years and I was afraid I wouldn't remember how to turn or even worse... how to stop. Dad assured me it was like riding a bike and one never forgot how to ski. Our first run we decided to take it easy and start with a run called "Milk." Once we made it safely to the top of the hill I made it about 15 feet before I almost crashed into a tree (my skis straddled a tree but my body did not physically hit the tree). Skiing is NOT like riding a bike... you DO forget. Eric had to hop up the hill with his snowboard to see if I was okay. It took me 10 mins. to figure out how to get myself out of my predicament. Not to worry, I eventually remembered how to turn and stop and by the end of the day we were cruising down black diamond runs.
Surprisingly, I had a great time skiing and I am glad I didn't kill myself or anyone. Eric and I are going to try and go skiing/snowboarding together once a year.
3 comments:
You look like a pro to me on the slopes. The snow is so pretty! I think I would die trying to ski. I have been once--in 5th grade at a man made ski resort in St. Louis (we don't really have mountains there) So really I have never been. That is a fun thing to do together every year.
I completely agree with your earlier sentiments on skiing. Flying down a mountain of snow is not exactly appealing to me! But I'm sure I'd have fun if I gave it a try though.
Lucky! I miss Pomerelle and Milk, the only run I ever went down that didn't try to kill me. But I am an awful skier. You look like you were doing great!
Post a Comment