Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Today is our 3rd anniversary. We didn't do anything spectacular to celebrate. Eric had a hard test this morning and passed it! We went to Olive Garden after he came home for dinner.


Three years ago, at the wedding dinner, we had people who attended write down some of the things the sealer said (in case we forgot). Included in this post are some of the sealer's words of wisdom. Also, we have included a piece of our wedding video... we couldn't figure out how to put the entire video on here and for some reason the quality is really poor (watch at your own risk).


“Treat each other like Kings and Queens. Recognize that differences are good… we can’t change each other we only can change ourselves. Come to the temple often. Your spouse will become a little bit sweeter each time you come. We Love you! Love, Mom and Dad (Jones)”


“Today as you leave the temple you are an eternal couple- with every blessing and opportunity the Lord can give any one. Remember these blessings are predicated upon your worthiness. God bless you. Uncle Bill”


“Covenant with God done with direct authority from the Prophet. Start thinking eternally. Poverty doesn’t matter. Sickness doesn’t matter. Even death doesn’t matter. Angels were present, probably even your future children were there to observe and rejoice in your union… Treat each other like the king and queen that you are. You can’t change each other, but you have to change to receive each other and you will grow closer together. Remember that each of you are not perfect. Return to the temple often and you will always leave a little happier and feel closer to each other… Your Kingdom begins today! Congrats! Unknown”

“It appeared that Eric and Kiley had practiced the kiss for the moment over the alter. Dee and Bonnie Jones”


“What a beautiful ceremony! Remember when the sealer said that everything from this point on is for Eternity? How true that is. Always remember that worldly things are less important when you are working on an Eternal Relationship! D’Nell Gillespie”


“Hey kids, I’m supposed to write something I remembered from the sealing. I guess if we all pool our thoughts maybe we’ll get it all down. I guess the thing I’m gonna write down is no matter what happens, it doesn’t matter, because you’ll always (ALWAYS) have each other. Good luck kids. I love you both. Cree Jones”



5 comments:

Femme Facetious said...

Lovely! Happy anniversary you two!

The Gracie Jones blog said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you guys had a great day...those things the sealer said sound pretty familiar :) It's good to remember the little details again. And I love your wedding video!

Mitzi Beal said...

Happy Anniversary. I loved your wedding video it almost made me cry. Kiley you looked so beautiful I think you have one of the prettiest smiles I have ever seen!

Lant Family said...

Happy Anniversary. Lucy loved the video, she wanted to watch it over and over and she kept saying Awwww!

Scot and Jenny said...

Happy Anniversary! Your wedding video was beautiful!