Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Random


Eric had an intramural flag football tournament on Saturday. He decided to grow a "lucky mustache" for the event. Eric's team made it to the finals and they played against the other first year team. Last week they played this same team and won. Unfortunately, the opposing team decided to come to the tournament sober and Eric's team lost by ONE point. It was really cold so Kinsley and I enjoyed watching the game from the warm car.

The pain of losing to the other first year team was softened when we found this gas station!!! After we filled up we couldn't help but take a picture.
My family knows that I have always had a soft spot in my heart for animals. I remember bringing home animals, of all kinds, along with my brothers. Some of the animals we brought home were cats, dogs, rabbits, foxes, birds, frogs, tadpoles, fish, mice, etc. These animals were always welcome in our home.... hidden in our bedrooms away from our parents because if they knew about them we would have to put them outside or even worse--get rid of them. Well, it turns out I STILL have a soft spot for animals. The other night we found this cat huddled up to our pumpkin outside. It was a cold night and I felt really bad so I put an old towel outside so the cat could sleep on it. Then I fed him some lunch meat. Jerome (yes, I named him) comes home every night to sleep on his towel and eat some lunch meat. I don't know where Jerome goes during the day but he knows where to find a warm bed and a nice dinner.
I wanted to take family pictures with the pretty fall colors but Eric and I learned that it is hard to get a GOOD family picture with a baby. Kinsley looked everywhere BUT towards the camera! This is as good as we could get.

5 comments:

Vrska's said...

What an adorable family, well everyone except for Eric. By the way you look like a sex offender with that mustache of yours!!

Jill Manning said...

That is a great family picture, you look hot!!! And here I a taking pics of gas at 2.09 and you are finding it for 1.79, that is awesome!!! Thank goodness for falling gas prices!

Jenn said...

I love the mustache...I had a sweet handlebar mustache but Jenn made shave it...I think it will make a comeback for Christmas
--Jason

Abram said...

Hey remember the time you warmed up the baby mice in the microwave because they were cold?


P.S. Your daughter is adorable, and I look forward to seeing her at Christmas.

Susan said...

Ha! I love the mustache! Every now and again Dave will sport one for an evening just to make me laugh, then he shaves it before he has to go anywhere!
Oh, and I think Jerome is very pretty and has a nice "owner" :)