TOES!!!
Kinsley hasn't been feeling very well these past three days (Eric gave her his cold). She had a fever of 102, a runny nose, and a cough. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep those days. During my second sleepless night, walking Kinsley around the house at 2 am, I couldn't help but wish my mom were closer. Then I couldn't help but wonder how many sleepless nights my mom had walking me around the house. I found myself wondering... did I ever remember to thank her for all that she has done for me? For all the times she was by my side to help me celebrate my successes, or cry when I was defeated? Did I remember to thank her for teaching me the value of hard work, patience, good judgment, integrity, courage, faith, and honesty? I wondered if I ever thanked her for the simple things... her laughter, her smiles, her quiet wisdom, and the times that we've shared? If I have forgotten to express my gratitude, I am thanking you now and I am hoping that you've known all along how very much you are loved and appreciated!
2 comments:
I couldn't agree more with that post. I really had no idea how much my parents love me until I became a parent myself. Crazy.
Mitzi
What a great tribute to your momma. I know I too have become a lot more grateful for my mom now that I am one...amazing how that happens!
Post a Comment