Eric and two other friends from high school turned
30 within a few days of each other. So we celebrated BIG time... MULTIPLE times!!! Happy birthday Eric (Nov 9), Salina (Nov 12), and Mike (Nov 13).

Eric was a HUGE birthday Grinch this year. He didn't want a cake! He didn't want presents! He didn't want a party! He didn't want anyone to sing "happy birthday"!
BAH HUMBUG! Too bad. Every party has a pooper, that's why we invited you... party pooper, party pooper!
Who knew turning thirty could make a person SO grouchy!? Although he didn't want anything fancy we had some friends show up and suprise him with some yummy cupcakes and then we had a small party as a family.



Eric LOVES magic eye books and optical illusions so I thought this book would be a great gift for him.


I was right. Eric was SO engrossed in his new optical illusion book that the girls opened the rest of his presents for him. If you ask him what else he got for his birthday, I highly doubt he will remember anything except the book. I guess for not wanting anything- the book was a hit. Happy birthday Birthday Grinch!!!
On Friday we had a surprise party to celebrate Mike turning thirty. It was fun seeing the expression on his face when he walked through the door. Mike is a HUGE Utah football fan so our family all wore blue (BYU) but no one even noticed. Next time we will have to borrow some BYU shirts.

The next day, Salina had a Prom 2011 theme for her 30th birthday party. Let's be honest- we all had a blast! I laughed so hard I cried (multiple times). Eric and I had a GREAT time away from our girls dancing the night away(thanks to Patti and Jared!).
Sometimes (okay, a lot of the time) I worry about the man I married.....

Who's turning thirty next?... Not I. I turn 29 (again) this year.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Eric! The Prom party looks fun, I think it is always fun to get dressed up.
Post a Comment