It is always a welcoming sight seeing friends from home. We have a lot of fond memories with Matt from junior high and high school, including: night games and a chain-link fence
painted black and another involves a grain field and the phrase
"Prisoner of Love" (ahhh, good times!). Matty and his lovely wife, Rhiannon, came all the way from Utah to Memphis to see us.... okay.... and they also came to see/hear the Beale Street Music Festival.
We took them to see the Mighty Mississippi River. It is high...
VERY high- people have been evacuating because of flooding.


Thursday we went to Mud Island and walked around the river park. Kinsley loves walking through the water. We thought Kinsley would have a hard time "warming up" to our visitors but she didn't! Every morning, bright and early, she couldn't wait to wake them up (and I am certain her early morning enthusiasm wasn't always appreciated).

(Eric trying not to get blown away from the crazy weather {tornadoes} we have been having)
Of course, any and all visitors get talked into going to Eric's school to get their eyes examined by him. Kinsley and I are glad when people come because it means less eye exams for us.

(Matty's eyeball)
Friday night Eric joined them at some concerts and saw: Cake, Jason Mraz, and a blues band. They didn't come home until 2:00 am. When I asked Eric how it was he said, "Loud. Smokey. Muddy. I don't think I'll be going next year." Saturday we went to Central Park and everyone enjoyed a nice game of disc golf.



Kinsley saw the swings and was determined not to leave until she had the chance to play on them.
After church, we dropped them off at the airport. It is always sad to see friends and family leave. Kinsley cried on the way home because she wanted her friends to stay and play with her.
2 comments:
That is fun to have friends come and visit! Looks like you guys had a fun time with them.
It looks so warm there, i'm very jealous. I put on my capris this morning but then I had to make a made dash to town and quickly put back on my levis. I love love my Easter pictures of the girls. Thanks!
Post a Comment