In high school, Eric and I got involved with Special Olympics and loved it. I even won a GOLD medal on the unified snowshoe team. I should mention I was the slowest on the team. Those athletes are amazing! When we went to college we became part of the area management team and we coached the Rexburg team. We love Special Olympics!
After eating, we decided to go exploring and drove around the city. While driving, we ran into some random, nude statues. Not wanting to draw Kinsley's attention to them I whispered to Eric, "This doesn't seem like a very appropriate place to put that." In the back seat we hear Kinsley shout, "Look mom, I can see his privates!" Umm, awesome.
Saturday, Eric was busy giving eye exams and sunglasses to the athletes while the girls and I stayed in our air conditioned hotel room as long as possible and then walked over to the events. Kinsley immediately noticed the inflatable games and ran towards them. They were a little advanced for her but she had a great time trying. Some of the athletes won stuffed animals and instead of keeping them they gave them to the little kids.
Nashville is one of my favorite cities in Tennessee. When the events were over we walked to a park where there is a full-scale replica of the original Parthenon in Athens. It was cool but I would have preferred the original Parthenon in Greece. Maybe next year.
6 comments:
I love mini vacations, better get in as many as we can before we leave and never get over hear again!!
We love Nashville too. Glad you guys got to go!
Looks like fun!!! I have to say Aila's hair is soooo cute in those pictures where it's pulled back in a pony tail!
I love all of the pictures of your kids they are all so cute it looks like you guys had a great time in your hotel room I was sleeping on the floor for a long time too Love, Kristi
I love Aila's lemon face! So cute...and I want to join Kinsley in her tent, it looks cozy.
Lately Gracie has been asking to go to Mississippi to see Kinsley...so let Kinsley know she is missed!
Kiley
Did you now that my birthday is today and so is my mom birthday Love, Kristi
Post a Comment