Friday, October 15, 2010

Special Visitors

Well, I am finally able to post about my parents visit without bursting into tears (a vast improvement). My parents and sister arrived the day Aila was born and stayed for one week. My sister was a trooper and came without her electric wheelchair (handicapped vans are expensive to rent) but she survived in her manual chair. They were a big help to me physically and emotionally. I am so glad they were able to come spend some time with us.
After dropping them off at the airport Kinsley, Aila, and I bawled all the way home. Poor Eric-- he still doesn't know what to do in a house full of girls! I am glad to report that I no longer cry whenever someone drops off a meal, or gift, calls, or takes Kinsley for a few hours. I no longer cry whenever I think about my mom or when I talk to her. I haven't even cried over my bowl of cereal in days!!! Eric was about to admit me into a mental institution and offered to find "counseling" for me but I think I finally have my hormones under control.
(Kinsley loved walking in Grandma's shoes.)

Kinsley still misses them a lot (okay so do I- but I no longer cry about it!). Whenever we drive by the hotel they stayed in she lights up like a Christmas tree and asks if she is going to play with "dama," "dampa" and Kristi. Whenever she sees an airplane she asks when we are going to grandma's house (5 weeks and counting) and lately, she has been playing "airplane." She will "fly" around the house or outside with her arms outstretched.

3 comments:

We Joneses said...

Oh, this post made me laugh and ache at the same time! (my mom just left town today...) but I so remember feeling that way after Hazel was born!!! Crazy hormones! What a ride. You'll come out on top! And betcha those five weeks will fly by. Aila is beautiful, and what a gorgeous name!

Lant Family said...

I am glad your family was able to come and visit! Hopefully things will continue to get better and better for you. Let me know if you guys need any help.

Brittany H said...

I'm sorry you've been having such a hard time! I'm glad you are feeling better. I cried a lot after my mom left too. If you need anything at all, call me. I'm finally getting the hang of things, so I'm ready and willing to help.
(I'm really serious, call me for anything.)