Next came the dinning area. I say "area" because that is all it is. The kitchen, hall, dinning, and living room and all interconnected so it is difficult to distinguish between the spaces. I wanted to set the dinning area apart from the rest so I decided to sponge squares onto the wall in three different shades. The process was long and tedious but I love the finished product!
The process looked like this
Next came Kinsley's room. I did something I never thought I would do... I went BOLD and BRIGHT. I'll be honest, at first is was really overwhelming to go from white walls to hot pink and green but it has grown on me. As a child I always wanted a pink and purple room. I guess this is my way to live vicariously through my daughter.Before
After
I need to explain the art in the final picture. I was inspired to do this project by two people. First, my cousins wife, Rachel, who is an awesome artist. Second, my seventh grade art teacher, Mr. Green, told me I was a good artist. I learned two valuable lessons, #1 painting art is a lot harder than it looks and #2 Mr. Green lied to me. The pictures on the wall are supposed to be flowers but they look like radioactive spiders!
17 comments:
This is our sixth attempt at leaving a comment on your blog but it worked on Jared's so here we go...YOur room are really cute we love them...keep up the good work.
WOW! Nice work! That sponging looks complex...it turned out awesome! I think Mr. Green was right :) And I LOVE Kinsley's bright room, it's adorable. And I only see flowers, no spiders.
Good job. Your dining area wall looks so good and Kinsley's room is super cute. I am still too afraid to paint and live in a house that is white top to bottom.
Mitzi
You did a fabulous job! Love the dining room. Way to go.
Your house looks adorable!
It looks like all those times sitting in our apartment in college watching Trading Spaces and While You Were Out paid off because you did an amazing job!!! I love, LOVE...love how the squares turned out, I may have to try to duplicate that because I really do love it so much!!!! You have a talent Kiley!
It looks so cute!! I love the wall in your dining room-- so unique. Kinsley's room is adorable-- I love the stripes!! I definetly could use some help with little girls rooms.
You are so funny! I love Kinsley's room and the sponge painting looks awesome!
Wow that looks so good! Isn't it fun to be able to make your house how you want it? I would love to see the sponge painting wall sometime - it looks really cool! I need to do something fun like that in our house - it's kind of boring over here!
All the painting looks good. Yes I agree I HATE flat paint. I have given up at trying to make the walls look "clean". Yeah whoever thought about wanting to live in Mississippi? I am sure none of us ever wanted to live here, but atleast we have each other. Hopefully by the end of the 4 years here you guys will love it.
That looks awesome! Will you be my personal decorator whenever we move out of our apartment (which has flat paint everywhere, UGH)? :D I love the pink and green! And the sponge painting is so original--it looks fabulous!
It looks so good! You did a great job! I am really liking your dining area!
I love those flowers you painted and I LOVE the dining room wall! It looks awesome! Justin and I need to come visit so I can get a better idea! Plus we need to hang out more! :) (you can come visit us too... we need to make plans)
Oh ps. Eric what a good husband helping her make her apartment into a "home" (I also won when it came to painting our apartment)
That all looks great! And I like your spiders/flowers! I seriously have no talent in that area so maybe you'll have to come decorate our nursery after we move.
Your artwork is really cute and I could tell that they were flowers right from the start. Cute room!
Risa
Hey Kiley, would you email me the details on how to do that paint sponge thing that you did? I want to try to attempt it for our backsplash but i can't figure it out based on your pictures. my address is: geobrimtall@yahoo.com Thanks!
Post a Comment