To discipline Kinsley, we have used the "naughty chair." It has worked like a dream, until recently. Instead of obediently going to the chair she has become defiant. She will scream, yell, or ferociously growl at me, and often times, she pretends she is beating me up by punching the air. Sometimes I wonder what happened to my once- sweet and obedient girl.
So, we had to revamp our discipline strategy. When she is told to sit in the naughty chair if she does any of the things listed above she has to stick her nose in the corner. She hated it.
HATED IT! Did you notice the past tense?
That's right, now she LOVES it and even asks to stick her nose in the corner... "why?" you ask. Well, one day I put Kinsley's nose in the corner and left her there-- the next thing I knew she was laughing hysterically. I went to where I placed her and saw this-- Aila with her nose on the wall...making Kinsley giggle.
I guess she wanted to be like her big sister. Don't you hate it when things backfire?!?!
1 comment:
Kids never do what you want :) This is a universal truth! So funny.
Post a Comment