Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Our Sweet Aila

You wouldn't believe it by just looking at her, but Aila honestly doesn't like eating solid foods. I've tried feeding her rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, sweet potatoes, squash, applesauce, and bananas, but she dislikes them all. She is a fast learner and quickly discovered that by holding her lips together really tight, I can't get any food into her mouth. What a cute little stinker!
Last week, Aila was really sick. When I took her into the doctor she had a temperature ranging from 100-103, was coughing a lot, and was taking 50 breaths per minute. The doctor wasn't quite sure what was wrong with her so he gave her a breathing treatment and tested her for the flu and RSV-- both of which came back negative. Then, he sent us to get a chest X-ray to see if she has pneumonia-- also negative. His next thought was asthma so he wrote her a prescription.

She is feeling better and now just has a lingering cough. She was waking us up 8 times at night but I am SOOOO glad to report that she only woke up ONCE last night (knock on wood). It is a good thing she started sleeping because I was about ready to give Eric a vasectomy myself.
At six months Aila:
* weighs 16 pounds 11 ounces & is 25 inches tall
* rolls from belly to back
* reaches for objects
* sits on her own... until she reaches for something
* loves playing with cups
* smiles at anyone who gives her attention
* laughs whenever Kinsley does something silly
* LOVES her mommy and cries whenever I leave the room
* hates tummy time and doesn't stay there long
* hates solid food
* she is beautiful and we love her dearly!

3 comments:

Angela Cothran said...

Love her hair. I wouldn't look as cute as her if my hair looked like that :)

Brittany H said...

I'm sorry Aila has been so sick. There is nothing worse than sick kids. Jefferson didn't love solids at first either. Hopefully she'll decide she likes them soon!

The Jones Crew said...

Is Aila feeling better yet I love all of the pictures they are all so cute I love you guys so very much Love, Kristi