Monday, August 2, 2010

Bed Bugs? Emergency Room?

Yesterday Eric came up to me frantic...

Eric: I think we have bed bugs!
Kiley: What!?! No, we don't!
Eric: Kiley, look at all of these bumps up and down my legs. Something has been biting me!
Kiley: Eric, we sleep in the same bed and I don't have any bumps.
Eric: They itch really bad and are oozy. Maybe I should go to the emergency room.
Kiley: (sigh and thinking... the only time I have been to the doctor in our married life has been when I'm pregnant and yet Eric seems to go ALL the time!!! I think about telling him this but decide to be supportive instead.) Well, I don't think that is necessary but if you want to go see a doctor you can go.
Eric: They really itch!
Kiley: Eric, when did you first notice the bumps or the itching?
Eric: I don't know- maybe Wednesday.

I get out our medical book and think back on the week. Then I remember something...

Kiley: Well, did you get into some poison ivy or poison oak when you were playing soccer on Tuesday?
Eric: (silence)
BINGO!!! Crisis averted!

1 comment:

Margaret Pratt said...

Go Kiley! That is amazing you figured it out! I think your conversation was so funny!