For the past two years, I have saved blog posts, after blog posts, after blog posts, of crafty
projects that I wanted to do. In the TWO YEARS of saving ideas, I have only finished ONE project (a grocery bag holder).
One day, a friend invited me over to make a wreath out of lima beans. I made the mistake of sending Eric to the store to get some lima beans....
He called from the store and said, "They don't have a very big selection of beans. They have black beans, kidney beans, and pinto beans."
"Are you sure you are in the right aisle?" I asked him.
"Yep, positive! I'll just get the biggest bean."
"Umm, okay."
I wasn't able to make the wreath with the friend because Kinsley came down with a fever. But a few days later Eric and I were at the same grocery store and I pointed to some lima beans. He said, "Well they didn't have those in the Mexican section!" (sigh*)
Well, Eric's mistake got the ball rolling. One day he came home to utter chaos.... beans, scissors, papers, ribbons, material, glue sticks, hot glue, super glue, buttons, my sewing machine, thread, file folders, hair clips, coloring pencils.... (you get the idea) were strewn about the dinning area and kitchen. Eric asked me what I was doing. "Projects" was my reply. "At the SAME time?" was his response. I told him about my list of projects I wanted to do but never got around to doing them- so I am starting now. He claims that I am "nesting" but I assure him I haven't even STARTED that yet but I will soon.... (I have another list of things we need to do before the baby comes). I wanted to teach Kinsley her colors so I made her colorful bean bags (out of the pinto beans Eric brought home from the store).
It turned out okay (as long as you don't look too closely). The zipper was a challenge and later I discovered I have a zipper attachment thingy on my sewing machine. I called my mom after I finished the project and she said, "Why don't you make a huge bag that ties on the top?" Yes mom, that would have been easier.
5 comments:
All of your project turned out really good. You must be "nesting" as they say. I think your bean wreath turned out really good, bummer you couldn't make it that day. You will have to join us for crafts soon. I think Kinsleys apron is really cute. Good job, I may have to steal your mom's carseat bag idea, we had a heck of a time figuring something out when we flew to WA.
I'm impressed! Isn't it nice to get projects finished?
I love this post! I know exactly what you mean...when I do projects it tends to be all or nothing! So when do you get to try out the airplane cover?? Please say you're coming to Burley this weekend! If so, we'll give you back your DVD cases. In case you didn't notice... we just have the cases! hahaha!
wow, you got a lot done! I love the apron idea. I might do that one too! I just made some bean bags too this week! Don't worry,I think most guys are clueless about craft stuff:)
WOW!!!! You got a lot done. I am way impressed!
Post a Comment