Friday, July 9, 2010

29 Weeks (minus a day)

Here I am at 29 weeks (minus a day). This pregnancy seems to be more difficult than my first but we are hanging in there!

People keep asking if we are going to find out the gender of the baby. So I will tell you what we know. When we went to the ultrasound appointment to discover the gender of the baby my doctor looked and said, "Well, I am 55-60 percent sure you are having a girl." (Have I mentioned I feel like health care in Mississippi is lacking?) In my head I said, "Gee thanks, you are a fountain of information! Do I have to pay for this appointment?" We don't really like those odds so we are waiting until SOMEONE knows what we are having.
Recently I was told that I failed my 1 hour glucose test and had to go to the hospital for additional testing. When I compare my scores to online sources it says that I passed but when I talked to my doctor he said I failed (by a few points) two out of four tests. Perhaps I question my doctors competency or I am in denial- but I really don't think I have gestational diabetes!

7 comments:

meag said...

hey, so i'm in the same boat as you with the gestational diabetes, they diagnosed me last week with it @ 35 weeks, kinda a pain. i have to check my levels 4 times a day and stay on low carb diet...and its super frustrating cuz everytime i test my levels they are normal...so i totally know where your coming from...fun fun stuff.

Lant Family said...

you look great and your outfit is supper cute :) I hope you don't have gestational diebetes and hopefully you will know for sure what you are having-if not it might be kinda fun to have a little suprise!

Brittany H said...

Oh the thought process sounds familiar! I totally did the same thing with my Gestational Diabetes diagnosis. It sounds like a whole lot of no fun, but I actually got so I liked the diabetic diet and it gets to be no big deal. Good luck!!

The Sullengers said...

First off - I love your flip flops
Secondly - who is your Dr.? He seems like a "dir dir dir dir" in other words - an idiot (it's my little saying for idiots)
Thirdly - I failed my first test by 2 points and had to retake. I passed the second with flying colors. I don't fully think that test is competent either. Things will work out!

Luna said...

When I had my u/s with Kiah they couldn't tell her gender. It was frustrating... but a little fun too.

Glucose testing and blood sugar can be a tricky thing. Most people I have known who use the die end-up liking it, eventually. If nothing else... it isn't bad for you.

The Jones Crew said...

I think you look so cute pregnant. I hope all goes well with the glucose testing.

The Gracie Jones blog said...

You do look cute pregnant! Cute little belly. I'm sorry about the diabetes stuff, that seriously stinks. I hope it all works out so it's not a huge hassle.

And seriously your Dr. is only 55-60 percent sure it's a girl? THATS CRAZY! You have a 50% chance of having a girl anyway! :) I'm going a little nuts not knowing what you are having...I can only imagine how you feel!!