Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

We had a fabulous Easter this year! We didn't do anything extra special and mostly stayed home and listened to all of the sessions of General Conference. In between the Saturday sessions we colored eggs with Kinsley. She kept pointing to the dye and saying "Juice" and when the eggs came out of the dye a different color she said, "Wow!"

We told Kinsley she couldn't touch the eggs because they were wet. To solve the problem she started blowing on them to dry them faster. She is a quick thinker!
When Easter morning came I asked her "Did the Easter Bunny come to our house?" She answered, "Ho! Ho! Ho!" Apparently, we still need to work on understanding the holidays.
After we ate breakfast we took Kinsley outside so she could find some eggs. We filled our eggs with pennies instead of candy and I am glad we did because whenever she found one she would immediately open it and not care if the contents fell in the mud. (Watching her eat mud coated M&M's would have grossed me out.) We also discovered that she doesn't like candy... SERIOUSLY... WHO'S CHILD IS SHE!?!?! I guess there is more for me!



Eric was also entertained by the plastic eggs.

After all of our eggs were found we went over to the Fry's to watch Conference and between sessions have lunch with the FHE group. I always love when Easter falls on General Conference! I loved all of the talks and felt uplifted and inspired.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Glad you had a great Easter!! We missed you guys here!! Kinsley is soooo cute!!! Love the picture of Eric with the eggs ;0)!!

The Jones Crew said...

Cute pictures I hope you guys had a fun Easter weekend I love Kinsley's new Easter outfit she looks so cute in it. I miss you guys so very much. Love, Kristi

The Sullengers said...

Conference was great - Kinsley seems to be at such a fun age - she is a great kid!

The Ricks Family said...

Your eggs are much prettier than ours which were dyed, then dyed in another color, dropped on the floor, dyed in another color and all turned out brown with pieces of shell missing. I love her "wake up" hair, I see that every morning too. Congrats!