Where does she come up with these things?!?!
She does this ALL of the time.
She does this ALL of the time.
Kinsley recently had her 16 month checkup. Along with the flu shot, she came home with an ear infection (her first), a bad cold, and a cough. Poor thing. She weighs 20 pounds 7 ounces and is 31.5 inches tall. The doctor seemed mildly concerned about Kinsley's weight.
I promise I feed her several times a day but she refuses most things I give her. So my question to all of you smart mother's out there... How do I get her to eat more? I try giving her options. This morning I made four different things and all she ate were the raisins. She use to eat pastas, pancakes, bread, eggs, peanut butter, veggies, cereal, yogurt, sandwiches, and crackers but now she refuses everything and throws it on the floor. I use to be able to disguise pasta (underneath a grape) and she would eat it but now she snatches the grape off the spoon and refuses the pasta. She likes to eat fruit (not bananas), sting cheese, peas, tomatoes, olives, and celery. I just don't know what to do. Feeding time is SO frustrating! Any ideas before I lose my mind!?!?
I promise I feed her several times a day but she refuses most things I give her. So my question to all of you smart mother's out there... How do I get her to eat more? I try giving her options. This morning I made four different things and all she ate were the raisins. She use to eat pastas, pancakes, bread, eggs, peanut butter, veggies, cereal, yogurt, sandwiches, and crackers but now she refuses everything and throws it on the floor. I use to be able to disguise pasta (underneath a grape) and she would eat it but now she snatches the grape off the spoon and refuses the pasta. She likes to eat fruit (not bananas), sting cheese, peas, tomatoes, olives, and celery. I just don't know what to do. Feeding time is SO frustrating! Any ideas before I lose my mind!?!?
9 comments:
My little sister wouldn't eat either. All I can remember is my mom giving her pediasure and lots of chicken nuggets and french fries from mcdonalds. Good luck. My sister is still picky about everything she eats! Maybe dip everything in chocolate--she is a girl. Don't all girls love chocolate?
first of all i love how she laid back with exhaustion after bouncing! And Rhylan was the same way, she didn't gain weight for almost a whole year!! she has only gained 3 lbs since moving here! She hated eating most everything. I just kept trying and she now eats some things. i would bribe her... with chips or something else she really likes in between every 1-2 bites, that still works...is that bad?
Does she enjoy dipping things in anything. Like if you give her celery would she dip it in ranch dressing? Anyway to just give her more calories. Like if she will eat the celery would she eat it with peanut butter on it? Or if you put cream cheese on her crackers. Or make a fruit dip with yogurt. She could dip her fruit in it? I am trying to think what else we did to calorie pack Lucy. We put butter on anything she would eat. Melt cheese on anyting she eats of just give her tons of what she will eat. We also let her eat wherever she wanted to eat. If she would eat more while watching TV or playing outside great. Sometimes I think it is hard to SIT at the table and eat when they just want to be on the go. One more thing--will she drink a smoothie or drink milk? We use to put carnation breakfast drink mix in Lucy's milk and it worked great. When we started calorie packing Lucy she gained like 4 pounds in a month! Good Luck!
Kiley. I really wouldn't worry about Kinsley. I think she is just petite. Children naturally will regulate how much food they need. I took an independent study class on child feeding and the concepts of a lady named Ellen Satter-- she's amazing. Anyway, Kinsley will not starve she many seem really picky and I know it makes you worry that she is not eating enough, but I promise that this is just a phase. Just keep doing what you are doing and offering her healthy choices at the table. Bribing her, making things sweeter than necessary, or letting her graze or eat anything she wants could adversely impact her future eating habits. Sorry to go on and on, I'm kind of passionate abouut child feeding. If you have any questions call me-- I would LOVE to chat!!!
I wouldn't worry about her weight either. Kyleigh only weighed 19 lbs 9 oz at 16 months and she eats all the time!!! Some babies are just little. I do use bribery when feeding her sometimes though and it works great. IF she eats a cite of her vegetable she gets cheese or a cracker. Works great for us.
Kinsley looks like she is having fun on the ball did you guys have fun on your anniversary! we can't wait to see you guys have a great weekend
I have no idea how to get a kid to eat. Jefferson is also going through a really picky stage. I don't know how he has stayed so big. Mealtime is so frustrating. I feel like I throw more food away then I get down him! Let me know if you figure it out.
Kiah is WAY picky... it drives me nuts. But both Chris and my dad are/were picky eaters.
It is important to keep the options healthy. It makes it easier later. Sometimes it really helps to make things look fun, different, exciting. Like ants on a log (celery with peanutbutter and rasins) and apple mouths (apple slices with peanutbutter and mini marshmellows), cutting foods into fun shapes.
I also like to make what I can get in her mouth the best I can meaning whoole grains and stuff, baked sweet potato fries instead of refular fries.
Don't sweat it, my little one is well, little too. Feeding is frustrating but hang in there, my boys still change their tastes. And I'm glad that Kinsley found a use for the yoga ball!
Post a Comment