Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Beautiful Day = A Trip To The Zoo

Saturday was a beautiful day here in the mid-south (mid 70's) so we decided to go to the zoo and see the new Teton Exhibit. We saw a replica of the Yellowstone lodge, wolves, elk, and baby bears (who were taking a nap). We thought it amusing that we saw more wildlife here than during our visit to Yellowstone this summer.
I always said I would never put my child on a leash because it looks like cruel and unusual punishment. However, while shopping for socks a few days ago, I set Kinsley down for 10 seconds (she wouldn't sit in the stroller) and when I turned around she was MISSING!!! My heart stopped beating. I had one of those mommy moments and thought to myself, "Oh, no! Someone stole my child and her face is going to be on a milk carton!" I ran up and down a few isles praying she hadn't gone very far. I finally noticed little brown shoes hiding under a rack of clothes. After my heart restarted, we left the store with no socks.

My new motto is:
If you love them, leash them!!!

5 comments:

The Gracie Jones blog said...

"If you love them, leash them" NICE. For Christmas I think I might get Kinsley some matching dog tags with her name and address. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of days. Your loving brother....JJ

Brittany H said...

Don't feel bad, Jefferson has the exact same leash. We call it his "walking backpack." I'm with you, they are too quick to leave unattended. I bet you about had a heart attack! I'm glad she was just hiding. I seem to remember a frantic mother finding me in a clothes rack once . . . .

R and A Lambert said...

Love the motto.

I couldn't help but notice since the pictures were so close together, but you and Eric are wearing the same shirts as you are wearing in the second picture on the side bar where Kinsley is a baby!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

i'm glad you converted I agree leashes are great and they really do protect you child!! plus they like to run around instead of sitting in the stroller

The Jones Crew said...

Her doggie leash is so cute we will see you guys in a few days