Perhaps, only a Jones can fully comprehend the anticipation, the joy, and the sheer pleasure that is derived from the "doodley boop." As a small child this is one of my fondest memories with my Grandpa Jones (because we all know Grandpa does it the best). I remember standing in line anticipating my turn. With so many cousins, a line was always inevitable. Grandpa would sing these words. "Oh, dee doodley doodley doodley boop doodley doodley doodley boop." He would bounce us on his knees and randomly drop us. We would all squeal with delight and scream "Again! Again!"
Looking back I don't know what was so pleasurable about it; perhaps it was Grandpa's contagious laugh and facial expressions. But one thing is for certain, childhood just wouldn't have been the same without the "doodley boop."
6 comments:
Ha ha. Good memories. I think Kinsley likes it to; she must be a Jones.
"Jones thing" or not, it looks like fun!
What a fun little tradition. It looks like it is working up to be a fond memory of Kinsley's as well.
So cute, I love how she throws her head back every time. Ha!
It looks like Kinsley is having so much fun doing the doodley doodley doodley boop I love her little laugh it is so cute we get to see you guys in a few weeks It will be so much fun having you guys home I love you and miss you guys Love Kristi
Sooo true! My girls LOVE to do this and I even catch Skyler doing it to her dolls...great memories!
Post a Comment