Saturday, July 25, 2009

I Heart China!

I've been homesick... for China. I've always wanted to go back to China because there was SO much I didn't get to see. My dad has mentioned taking our family to China for a family vacation but each time it has fallen through. Two years ago my mom called and told me that dad bought tickets to China. I was SO excited and was mentally packing my bags and grabbing my passport!!! Then she told me he was only taking her and I would be needed to watch my little sister. I was heartbroken. They had a great time and brought me some great souvenirs but deep down I am bitter. They should know better not to play with my emotions like that!

So, I thought I would take Eric and Kinsley with me to China.
C.O.T... Why did you guys let me go out in public looking like this?!?!
Just kidding! We went to the Memphis Zoo but it did remind me of China.
I never did see any panda bears in China... even at the Urumqi Zoo.
The Zoo was PACKED today! We asked someone why there were so many people and they said, "Since it is a cool day a lot of people came." 90 degrees is COOL weather?!?!?!

They had a bunch of snakes and turtles on the grass so the kids 5 and over (and Eric) could touch them. This particular snake weighs 85 pounds.It wasn't China but I guess it will have to do for now.

5 comments:

Susan said...

The snake is freaky. Even on the computer! You have a brave daughter because I couldn't look at the thing - let alone touch it!

Jill Manning said...

Because you let me go out looking like that! My cousin just got back from a trip to China and I can't read her blog posts about it because it hurts too bad. What a fun day at the zoo though! Its sad to say but I would be all about going to the zoo if it was 90 degrees outside. Did Kinsley love the animals?

Luna said...

glad you had fun in "China."

The Gracie Jones blog said...

That is one huge snake! Crazy! China would have been a fun family vacation :) We'll go with you guys whenever you decide to go!

Brittany H said...

I hope you get your real trip to China one of these days! Looks like you had fun though!