Sunday, April 12, 2009

Mike and Mel's Visit

Eric and I have been very blessed to have extremely awesome friends. Mike and Mel are friends from elementary/high school. They are living in Kentucky, where Mike attends grad-school and Mel takes on the role as Mike's "sugar momma." They will be moving back west in a few months (lucky ducks) and decided to come and visit us over the Easter weekend.
Who is baby hungry? DEFINITELY not me (Kiley)!

If you ever are in our vicinity, you are welcome to sleep on our air mattress and we will give you a tour of the town. Chances are, we will take a stroll down Beale Street to listen to some live music and peruse through the shops.
If you look really carefully you can see her tooth.

You will probably see ridiculously old beater cars with HUGE lifts on them. Of course, you will want to stop and take a picture.
You can't come to the south without trying some finger-lickin' good Bar-B-Que.
Eric will most likely offer to give you a tour of his school. Three hours later, (if you're lucky) you'll finally be done with the "tour"--he'll have convinced you to be his guinea pig in the practice labs.
If you happen to visit us during a holiday (and if we really like you), I just might put my culinary skills to the test and make you an Idahoan home-cooked supper. Yes, that is a 10 pound ham--I sent Eric to the grocery store to get a small ham and he came home with this. Looks like he'll be packing lots of sandwiches to school this week!
Thanks, Mike and Mel, for coming! We love you guys!!

1 comment:

Luna said...

So Fun! I wish I had friends close to here to come visit.