Saturday, October 4, 2008

Our Little Thumb Sucker

For months now, without success, I have been trying to get Kinsley to put herself to sleep. I've tried the "let cry" method, but that would just make her upset and frustrate me. Finally, she decided to do it herself. One day, she was fussing so I rocked, walked, swung, and bounced her, but she still wouldn't fall asleep. My back was killing me so I laid her in her crib and the next thing I knew, she was fast asleep. It was amazing! I think one of the reasons she puts herself to sleep now is because she is a thumb sucker. I LOVE THUMB SUCKERS!!!
MY THUMBIES

I have two little thumbies
They're with me day and night.
My favorite thumb is on my left
The other's on my right.

My thumbies always comfort me
when I am feeling sad.
They help me to protect myself
when I am feeling mad.
My thumbies help me fall asleep
when I am feeling tired.
I do not know how better friends
could ever be desired.
Kinsley has toy bugs on her car seat that she likes to play with. The other night, at a ward activity, she fell asleep with a death grip on this bug.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like daughter like mother....Start saving for those orthodontists bills. She is SOOO cute! I have to agree that thumb suckers are good babies. Thanks so much for the blogs. Love Grandma Jones

Brock and Kristina said...

Taylee is a thumbsucker too. Don't listen to anybody...thumbsuckers are WONDERFUL. Take that from a dental hygienist and a dental student. 95% of kids need braces anyways. So just enjoy those good nights of sleep. If Taylee doesn't stop by age 3, we'll buy one of those expensive thumb guards...*sigh*, but I try not to think about it and just enjoy it now. We're glad you guys are doing good and Kinsley is a doll!

Jenn said...

She is so cute!! She is getting so big so fast!!! I love your blog updates and so do the kids-- Kate askes constantly to see pictures of Kinsley!!

The Cannons said...

Those pictures of Kinsley sucking her thumb are so adorable. Hooray for sleeping babies!
Mitzi

The Gracie Jones blog said...

She is too cute! I secretly sometimes try and force Gracie's thumb into her mouth...but she doesn't go for it. :)

Scot and Jenny said...

She is a cutie patootie!

Brenda said...

Oh she is darling!! I hear that thumb suckers are content, is it happening yet?? If so I need to force a thumb in my little one, oh but she is 9!! Your little family is so cute and experiencing so much, good luck!

Brenda said...

Oh, too darling!! Is it true that thumb suckers are content?? If so I may force my little one, that would be weird, she is 9. Sounds like your family is experiencing alot!!