Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Kinsley's Favorite Aunt Kristi

I was blog surfing today and I found this (written by one of my sister's aides). I thought she and my mother would like to read it and it would be REALLY hard to explain how to find the person's blog... so I copied and pasted it for them. Here it is sister

CLOSING OF A CHAPTER
"I hope in each of our lives we all get to associate with a person that makes us strive to become a better person. The last five years have given me that opportunity. While working at Burley High School I been able to work with a wonderful young lady. Kristi is a person with cerebal palsy and is in a wheelchair. This limits a lot of activities for her and the ones she participates in are a labor for her. I helped her with her physical therapy of walking with a walker. Every day she works hard to go the distance, never complaining that I'm demanding a farther distance each week. Whenever I asked her if she wants to go farther her reply would be "SURE"

When I'm trying to run on the treadmill and think I have reached my limit, which is usually far below my goal, I have to remind myself that Kristi won't quit and it makes me keep trying. Also when I start to treat people in a cranky way I hear Kristi's words repeated in my head,"Be nice Mrs. Parish." Suddenly I am trying to be nice. Can you see the pattern how she makes me strive to be better in a lot of different areas.

Kristi will be 21 this month and will no longer be eligible to attend high school. My day-to-day contact with Kristi will be ending after Friday. Most people wonder what Kristi will do, I wonder what I will do. Have I learned what she has tried to teach me to help me reach my goals. Have I been a good enough student of hers to continue to improve or will I fall into all of my bad ways and not reach the great heights that Kristi will.

I will truly miss the one-on-one time that we had together. Thanks Kristi for being such a giant of a person for me to learn from. I truly am the one that has gained the greatest things from this experience."

6 comments:

The Cannons said...

That is really neat. I'm glad you posted that.
Mitzi

The Orton's said...

Thank you for sharing that. We all need the reminder of how positive and loving she is. She is such a blessing in all of our lives.

The Linos said...

Hi Kylie this was such a great story do you mind if I use this in one of my talks? Thank you for sharing it.

The Linos said...

Hi Kiley that was a great story thank you for sharing it. do you mind if i use it in one of my talks. Thank oyu

Scot and Jenny said...

That was really beautiful, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This made me cry. Yes, she is truly a wonderful person.
Risa