On Wednesday Eric was feeling under the weather so he went to bed around 9:30 and I joined him one hour later. I was lying in bed thinking of all the things I need to get done the next day when I heard commotion outside. It was two men arguing and using colorful language. Suddenly, a woman started screaming “Police! Police! Someone call the Police!!!” I jump out of bed, pull on my sweatpants, and put on my slippers. My plan was to go and help the woman screaming but I didn’t have a weapon (I don’t know why I would need a weapon… I just felt like one could come in handy- - - just in case) I looked in the closet and found a diaper bag, stroller, ladder, paint rollers and hangers. I didn’t think any of these items could help me fight so I did the next best thing, I woke up Eric and made him go help. As he went outside three police cars and an ambulance arrived.
The story: The woman’s boyfriend and father got into some sort of altercation and the boyfriend beat up the father. Then the father went after the boyfriend with a golf club (see, I knew I would need a weapon). Police made the appropriate arrests. Sometimes I feel like I am living in a Jerry Springer episode.
On a more positive note, Eric has been talking to a neighbor about the church. Eric invites him to play ball with the missionaries every Wednesday, he went to the Priesthood session of General Conference, and last night was his first missionary discussion. He is a really nice and polite young man... my only worry is that he got drunk one night and got caught shoplifting from Sportsman’s Warehouse.
There is no place like home.
7 comments:
the pierce family always has the most entertaining posts. you've got to love a missionary minded husband. good for him! and kinsley is beautiful. i wish we could have seen her before you moved.
the pierce family always has the most entertaining posts. you've got to love a missionary minded husband - good for him. and kinsley is beautiful. i wish we could have seen her before you moved.
You need to move up here by us in a duplex! We have no drama on our street, just snakes in our house.
Hello, scary! It seems like ever since we moved here any time I hear neighbors outside fighting (which I think is weird people would bring their business out for all to hear) I always think someone is going to have a gun or something. It's really just the lovely stigma of Memphis (although there is truth to it) I read all about before moving out here that makes me think that. Good luck w/ the neighbors!
That is so brave of you to be ready to go help her. I am such a scardy-cat. Riley owns a bat...that is our weapon choice. But I think the ladder might have done some harm!
Thanks for the update on you guys. Sounds like everything is going well for you guys. Kiley I love your hair cut. It looks great!
Risa
That is a funny story. I love how you put on your slippers. I don't know that was just really funny. Watch out Kiley's got a diaper bag and she's in slippers and she's going to get you. I'm really glad you decided to wake up your husband before your attack.
Mitzi
Post a Comment