Saturday, October 8, 2011

Downata Hot Springs

During the last weekend in August, we went camping at Downata Hot Springs with Eric's family. Although I'm not generally a big fan of water parks, Eric has talked about how much fun he and his friend, Steve, had at Downata when they were kids so I checked out the website and got really excited about it! Water slides, hot tubs, sand volley ball, basketball, horseshoes, sprinkler park, tranquility and massage rooms, yurts... the website made it look as though there's something for everyone.

After getting the trailer and tent set up, we saw that there really is something for everyone!

Water Slides
You can tell by her facial expression how much she enjoyed going down the kiddie water slide.
On the other hand, Aila LOVED it!

Sprinkler Park
Horseshoes--let it be written, I beat Eric at horseshoes...AND basketball (P.I.G.)!! HA HA!

LARGE Sand Box
(aka sand volleyball courts)
We've decided that camping in a place that doesn't have scorching heat or flesh-eating gnats is actually quite pleasurable. Maybe we really do like camping after all--that is if you call an air-conditioned trailer with a shower and bathroom "camping."

5 comments:

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Oh that does look fun!!!

The Petersons said...

good to have you back. i've missed you in the blogging world. :) kinsley's hair is SO cute in those pictures. and aila is a doll.

i really like camping in a nice trailer too. :)

Angela Cothran said...

I loved Downata growing up too :) Do they still have The Black Hole?

Pierce Family said...

They do still have the Black Hole but I was too chicken to attempt it. I did, however, go down the Dragon Slide- multiple times.

The Gracie Jones blog said...

That does look super fun! I think it should be in the running for the Jones Family outing location! And congrats on your win in horseshoes and pig! I'll remember never to challenge you. :)