Monday, October 10, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

We spent labor day weekend with ol' friends from "way back when..." We rented a condo in Solitude and had a great vacation! The first day we were together, we decided it would be fun to try the disc golf course down the mountain. Kinsley loved riding the chair lift up the mountain but wished it would have taken her back down too. The hike was a little much for a three year old but she did a great job, until the last hole.... Naps are crucial in her life as well as mine. I had to carry her the rest of the way down the mountain and in the process, was the recipient of my very first bee sting. Lucky me- I am not allergic because no one had an EpiPen available.
(Salina, Melanie, Mike, Matt, Eric)
The views were spectacular!

These fellows take their disc golfing very seriously.
She found this "walking stick" and many others, that kept her entertained through most of the hike down the mountain.
We took turns cooking. Matty and Rhiannon went above and beyond to give us the ultimate dining experience. The ambiance was remarkable! Something we will all remember, think, and talk about for years to come.

After church on Sunday we decided to go for a short hike to Mickey Mouse's rock (you can see half of it WAYYY in the background). About 10 minutes into the hike, I saw how far it was, and was unwilling to carry or have other's carry my children that far. Every party has a party pooper and that is why they invited me.
So we ended up going to a lake that had a nice path ALL the way around it. It was beautiful and the girls loved riding in the stroller. We even saw a moose during our walk around the lake.It is sinful to go camping without s'mores. So one evening we went to a nearby campground, started a fire, found some roasting sticks, put marshmallows on our sticks, and then realized we left all of the chocolate in the condo. SINNERS!!! It just isn't a s'more without chocolate!

On our way home from roasting s'mores, I mean, marshmallows, we nearly ran into a moose, literally. He was in the parking lot and we almost hit him. Eric tormented him for a little while, following him around the parking lot and flashing the van's lights at him. Then, Eric told Kinsley he was going to jump out of the van and ride on the moose's back. She started freaking out and crying. I guess deep, deep down-- she really loves her daddy (or perhaps she was concerned for the moose). After I put the girls to bed I made myself a s'more (or three) in the microwave. I guess I really love s'mores- even right out of the microwave.

2 comments:

Lant Family said...

what a fun weekend with friends! I am totally with you, smores are great and they need chocolate. I see you got your double jogger, do you like it?

Angela Cothran said...

For someone who doesn't love camping Kiley, you spend A LOT of time in the mountains :)