Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Trip to the Z - O - O

Recently, Eric and I started spelling words around Kinsley so she doesn't know what we are talking about. Saturday morning during breakfast I asked Eric, "It is supposed to be warm today. After we clean the church do you want to take the girls to the Z - O - O?" From the other room Kinsley screams, "I want to go to the ZOO!!!!!" Looks like we will have to stop spelling and resort to speaking pig latin.
Did I mention it was a beautiful day? With weather like this in January you HAVE to spend it outdoors!

Aila loved being pushed around in her stroller and eventually fell asleep.
We saw a bunch of six year old kids with balloons in this limo. Seriously, who rents a zebra Hummer Limo for their kids sixth birthday?
Optometry people may find this humorous. I got these new sunglasses at Opti Fest and wore them to the zoo. Whenever I went to take a picture the screen on my camera would go blank. I told Eric, "We need a new camera. This one keeps blanking out on me."

He paused and said, "Are those your new glasses?"

"Yes."

"Don't they have polarized lenses?"

A light goes on.... "Well, that explains it! Can I still get a new camera?" I guess I can't wear sunglasses when I take pictures.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

That's so funny about the z-o-o thing. I've figured out if you spell the entire sentence then they can't follow what you're saying as well. Jason does the pig latin thing, but I never spoke it as a kid so I am a nerd and have to sit there and translate every word in my head :0)!

Lant Family said...

I am sure the zoo was a great place on Saturday! I heard it was packed. I wish the weather was here to stay, I hate that it is freezing cold again. Oh well we still bundle up and go out for a short while to get some fresh air. Funny about the glasses. JJ keeps telling me I need new ones.

Chelsi said...

I wish we had even half those temperatures....

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Saturday was wonderful weather, I'm glad you spent it outside. Kinsley must be a baby genius! I love that she yelled from the other room with her excitement:)

The Jones Crew said...

It looks like you guys had a fun time at the zoo I love you and I miss you guys Love, Kristi