Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Update on the Girls

Since coming home to Mississippi (a week ago) we have been to the doctor SIX times for ear infections, eye infections, immunizations, vomiting, coughing, and a check-up. Our new pediatrician and nursing staff, whom we like, is familiar with us and before you know it, will know our names by heart. Kinsley likes this new office because when she leaves she is always given an otter pop. (bribery works) We are all feeling much better and hope and pray (for my sanity's sake) that it stays that way!

While in Idaho, we missed Aila's 2 month check-up and immunizations so we got everything caught up at three months.
Aila's Stats @ three months:
14 pounds 8 ounces- (~88 percentile)
24 inches long-
(~58 percentile)
15 1/2 head circumference-
(~19 percentile)

Kinsley saw me put this outfit on Aila this morning and decided she needed to change her clothes to match her sister. Then she decided she needed her picture taken in the rocking chair too. It is funny how she is becoming so opinionated.... okay maybe it isn't ALWAYS funny because yesterday she threw a fit because I didn't want her wear bright blue pants because they didn't match her shirt.... she won the fight.
Kinsley is Potty Trained!!!!
(knock on wood)
Before leaving on vacation in November, I told Kinsley she HAD to be potty trained to go to grandma's house to jump on her trampoline, and swim in grandpa's hot tub. That was the ultimate prize. (I don't know what we would have done if she didn't do it... it isn't as if we could have left her in Mississippi- but she didn't know that.) Here is how it broke down...

Day 1: she got a sticker and an M&M if she went on the potty)... she went 21 time with no accidents.
Day 2: sticker + one smartie... she went 24 times with one accident
Day 3: sticker + M&M... 20 times one accident
(I never knew kids could go to the bathroom SO many times during the day... I felt like I practically LIVED in the bathroom)
Day 4: sticker incentive starts to wear off but she is still excited about the candy (that's my girl!)... 2 accidents
Every time she would try to take care of her #2 business on the potty she would totally freak out and break down in tears. I never knew going #2 could be SOOO difficult. She after messing in her underwear once she started squatting on the toilet seat (like you would in China)... well, let's just say her aim wasn't always correct.
Day 5- she had no accidents and I found if I held her hand going #2 wasn't AS difficult.

To make a long story short, she went days with no accidents, we went to the park and to town with no accidents, we rode in the car with no accidents, she rode on the airplane with no accidents and for the 6 weeks we were on vacation she only had two accidents that were my fault (1st accident- I didn't show her where the bathroom was and therefore when she had to go she didn't know where to go. 2nd accident- She had a lot to drink at lunch and fell asleep in the car but instead of waking her up to take her to the bathroom I just put her down and she couldn't hold that much liquid for that long.) I guess she isn't totally potty trained. I still put her in Pull-Ups at night but she is always dry in the morning... I don't want to ruin her new mattress and haven't gotten around to buying a waterproof pad yet. All in all, potty training was easier than I expected... but I don't want to do it again anytime soon.

4 comments:

We Joneses said...

oops. so sorry about that nasty cold. I'm sure your girls got it from Hazel. We're glad we got to see you anyways, though!!

And congrats on the potty training!!! Isn't it a wonderful feeling? I walk past the diaper aisle at the grocery store and stick my tongue out at them.

Lant Family said...

Oh yeah for potty training! It is great when it is finished. Which Dr are you guys going to now? Are you going to that new Southaven Office?

Chelsi said...

Hope everyone gets feeling better!! Nice work on the potty training. I think girls must go more than boys... but I wouldn't know only having 2 boys. My friends that have girls always complained that their girls went a ton. Nice work being consistent... it paid off :)

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

So sorry about all your sick troubles! I wanna hear about this "new dr."

Congrats on potty training, amen to harder than I thought!! Gracin is going to be at least 3 years old before I try again. I got those puppy pads to put under her sheets in case of bed wetting they worked pretty good and were cheap.