Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Long Day

I spent the night soothing an irritable baby who has an ear infection and comforting a toddler who kept vomiting. I spent the day washing vomit out of comforters (plural), sheets (plural), blankets (plural), cushions (plural), and pajamas (plural). I also had to scrub spots (plural) on our carpet and febreeze our home. As I look around I see suitcases that still need to be unpacked, dishes that need to be washed, and I have to ask myself this question: Why on earth did I want to become a mother?!?!?

Then, before bed, my two year old gives me a hug and kiss (without prompting) and says, "I love you mommy!" Then I kiss Aila's neck and she giggles. Yeah, in the long run, it is all worth it.

5 comments:

Tess Vrska said...

I'm glad to know that other mothers are experiencing the same thing I am! I was up feeding a baby every two hours and in between those two hours I was rubbing a little boys feet that had growing pains. A night with No sleep! But like you said IT IS all worth it!

The Gracie Jones blog said...

Yikes! I'm sorry! Good thing it wasn't happening while you were traveling, but still. Hope everyone is feeling good now!

The Jones Crew said...

We were sorry to here that Kinsley and Aila were sick. Hope they are feeling better. We miss Kinsley saying "dood" morning and Aila's soft sweet loves. Take care!

Jenn said...

Oh the fun moments of motherhood... but yes I too think it's worth it in the long run! Hope everyone is feeling better!

Brittany H said...

I think we all ask ourselves that question from time to time - but yes it is all worth it. The other question I find myself asking is, "Why did I ever agree to moving so far from my family when I could really use their help?!?!?"