Eric's parent's were kind enough to watch Kinsley (she doesn't travel well) and my parents were kind enough to drive me and Aila there and wait until I was done (she had to come because I am her breakfast, lunch, and dinner). During the night there was a snow storm and the roads were really bad to travel on. I was worried that I wasn't going to make it in time. I was supposed to arrive at 10:30 to make it to the 11:00 session. My dad drove like a maniac- he knew how important it was for me to be there. When we arrived at the temple at 10:55 he said, "Go to the front desk and tell them you came from Mississippi to be with your best friend while she goes through the temple. And it will help if you have tears in your eyes." Well, I didn't have to cry-- I changed my clothes in record time, I hurried, and they shut the chapel door after I made it inside. I was SO happy and SO relieved to be there with her. It was a special day!Thursday, December 23, 2010
Oquirrh Mountain Temple
When Eric and I moved to Mississippi I told him that if my best friend, Salina, got married or went through the temple, it didn't matter how much money it cost because I WAS going to be there! Luckily, she decided to recieve her endowments while I was in town, on Saturday, in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.
Eric's parent's were kind enough to watch Kinsley (she doesn't travel well) and my parents were kind enough to drive me and Aila there and wait until I was done (she had to come because I am her breakfast, lunch, and dinner). During the night there was a snow storm and the roads were really bad to travel on. I was worried that I wasn't going to make it in time. I was supposed to arrive at 10:30 to make it to the 11:00 session. My dad drove like a maniac- he knew how important it was for me to be there. When we arrived at the temple at 10:55 he said, "Go to the front desk and tell them you came from Mississippi to be with your best friend while she goes through the temple. And it will help if you have tears in your eyes." Well, I didn't have to cry-- I changed my clothes in record time, I hurried, and they shut the chapel door after I made it inside. I was SO happy and SO relieved to be there with her. It was a special day!

It is such a beautiful temple and the views from the waiting room are magnificent! I love the foliage and trees in Mississippi but I miss the mountains of the west.
Eric's parent's were kind enough to watch Kinsley (she doesn't travel well) and my parents were kind enough to drive me and Aila there and wait until I was done (she had to come because I am her breakfast, lunch, and dinner). During the night there was a snow storm and the roads were really bad to travel on. I was worried that I wasn't going to make it in time. I was supposed to arrive at 10:30 to make it to the 11:00 session. My dad drove like a maniac- he knew how important it was for me to be there. When we arrived at the temple at 10:55 he said, "Go to the front desk and tell them you came from Mississippi to be with your best friend while she goes through the temple. And it will help if you have tears in your eyes." Well, I didn't have to cry-- I changed my clothes in record time, I hurried, and they shut the chapel door after I made it inside. I was SO happy and SO relieved to be there with her. It was a special day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is so special to be able to go through with her! I am lucky and I get to go through the St. Louis temple with my sister in a couple of days. I am glad you made it in time and safely!!
I just had a dream last night that I saw a mountain again and I was so ...happy! I can't believe there aren't any within view. The two places I went to college had huge mountains right there next to the town, I miss that too.
Post a Comment