I hate Halloween.
Okay, maybe "hate" is too strong of a word. I dislike Halloween.
In the three years Eric and I have been married we have never carved a pumpkin, we have never dressed up, we have never handed out any candy, we have never had any trick or treaters, and the only Halloween decoration I have was given to me by my mother.
I believe my dislike for the holiday stems from my father. He HATES Halloween. (Actually, he is a fun crusher when it comes to most holidays.) My dad always referred to Halloween as "Demon's Day" or "Satan's Holiday" because people dress up as ghosts, goblins, devils, witches, demons, ghouls, skeletons, zombies, US Presidents, and other evil characters...
As a child, I enjoyed Halloween, but who wouldn't when you are allowed to stay up past your curfew, wear makeup, and collect free candy that you can hide under your bed and sneak when your mom isn't looking? But as an adult I don't really see the point in this holiday. People keep asking me what Kinsley is going to be for Halloween and, to be honest, I haven't even thought about it! I finally broke down and took Eric with me to Wal-Mart to see if we could find a costume or get an idea to make a costume. Instead, Eric found a scary mask and chased Kinsley around the store with it. She screamed and cried.
It looks like Kinsley will share my dislike for Halloween.
I recently got out Kinsley's Halloween tutu from last year so she could dress up in it. She was so cute I couldn't help but take a zillion pictures of her. Here are some of our favorites.
Blooper: These last three show Kinsley's personality. She was doing a belly dance in the left picture (notice her sucking in her tummy), playing peek-a-boo in the right, and being a goof ball in the middle.
12 comments:
I'm with you on disliking Halloween! I've never liked all the gross, scary stuff! I decorate my house for fall/Thanksgiving instead! But, Kinsley does look adorable in her tutu!
Those are soo cute. You do such a good job with pictures.
Don't like halloween?! whooo are youu??!?!!
I'm with you on disliking Halloween! I don't like all of the scary things But I do like Kinsley in her outfit she looks so cute in it I miss you guys Love Kristi
I love all the orange and Black in my house I love the word "BooOOOOooOOO!" I think witches can be cute and pumkins are fun to pick out (but a hassle to carve). I think Halloween is what you make it. No, we don't trick or treat any more, but we love how crazy and cute our kids act when dressed up as some thing else just for one night. Leading up to 'the NIGHT' we watch any scary (kid) movie out there just to get all hyped up for it. We as adults don't dress up like when we were kids but it's still pretty fun to be apart of....I guess. If you're ever in the area for Halloween you guys should go check out Kurts house, he has hecka scary things going on over there. Coffins, head stones and all~a little too much for our house but the girls still like seeing it when we drive by.
I had no idea about your hatred for Halloween! I guess as long as Kinsley dresses up in happy costumes (like a cute little ballerina in a tutu) it wouldn't be as bad as if she dressed up in the really scary costumes (like the President or something :)!)
I'm sorry you dislike Halloween - I like it for candy reasons, and I don't mind dressing up! But Kinsley is super cute in her little tutu! She could be a fairy or something instead of something ghoulish!
Great pictures and I had no idea that you hated Halloween. That is funny. I love it. My mother in law is a total fanatic, her house is totally decked out to the max for Halloween but I think it's great. Although I do have to come up for a costume for mutual on Wednesday night and I'm not loving trying to come up with something.
Mitzi
She is truly a girly, girl! Love it.
Cute pictures. ow funny, her belly dancing!
This really does explain so much. No wonder you were always the one taking the pics while the rest of us dressed up all crazy like! I didn't know you had such distaste for Halloween though. Kinsley looks adorable in here tutu and the necklace is a great touch!
My mom called it that too, it must have been grandpa. I hope that you are doing well. Your baby is so cute.
Post a Comment