
Eric graduated from Southern College of Optometry on May 18, 2012. I had the song "Walking in Memphis" in my head all week long. If it were up to him, he would have had the school mail his diploma- he hates graduations. I think I was more excited than him.

Class of 2012
Getting Hooded

Accepting his diploma

LDS Students (minus JJ)
Friends

Some of my favorite quotes from the speakers...
"You will never be able to pay it back. You will always be able to pay it forward."
"Extend yourselves as others have extended themselves to you."
"You will not have to search for success. Success will find you."
After graduation I wanted to write down Eric's thoughts and impressions and he said, "You actually listened to the speaker? I didn't, I fell asleep." Like I said-- he hates graduations.


By this point of the day Eric was a party pooper and refused to wear his cap and gown for anymore pictures--I believe he even threatened the next photographer (aka me) wanting to take pictures.

Southaven, Mississippi LDS Students
(aka the best ward ever)

Students with their better halves.
(minus Savannah-- so sad she couldn't be there!)

These girls were part of my support group for the past four years. It was comforting to know we were there for each other in times of need and emergency, while our husbands spent more time with each other than us. I can't say I earned 1/2 of his degree but I did my best to help and support him. However, I do know more about eyes than the average person. How many people do you know can carry on a conversation about pinguecula and pterygiums?
1 comment:
Way to go Eric! I am glad you didn't just have them mail you your diploma, it was good to see you guys. Wish we could have visited more but I guess we will just have to actually come to Idaho to visit with you more. :)
Post a Comment