
We have been truly blessed! Eric thought we, as a family, should be more service minded so he signed us up to volunteer Saturday at the Youth Villages 5K run in Memphis (Youth Villages services troubled children and their families). It was REALLY cold (for Memphis) so we had to bundle everyone up. We were assigned to help in the "Kids Corner." it was a lot of fun! We...
- got free shirts (secretly I think this is why Eric wanted to do it)
- met Princesses
- saw a firetruck, ambulance, and police cars
- colored a picture
- made a foam hat
- played with bubbles
- bounced in a bounce house
- met Rocky and RiverThing
- ate cotton candy
- heard live entertainment
- got a balloon
- got our face painted
- drank pop (beer was also an option... at 9 in the morning?!?)
- won a medal
- got a sheriff star and princess stickers
WHO SAID SERVICE ISN'T FUN!?!?!
Saturday night Eric and I went on our first date (other than the temple) without Aila (Thanks Shurtz!). We went to
Senior-Send-Off- a party for the seniors before everyone goes to their different extern sites. The food was excellent and the company was awesome! We have met some great people and although we are thrilled to be "Sent-Off" we are also sad to see everyone go their separate ways.

(2012 LDS couples... 4 couples are missing and Neal)
3 comments:
Wow that does sound like fun. I bet Kinsley loved all the things to do.
Also, I copied some of those pic from senior send off, hope that is okay:)
The volunteer work does seem fun--aren't you glad Eric signed you up. I bet Kinsley was in heaven seeing the princesses. It was fun to see you guys at Senior Send off, it is hard to think everyone will be going in seperate directions here so soon. (even if you are happy to be sent off)
I looked at your Easter pictures and they were so cure I hope you guys have a Happy Easter Love, Kristi
Post a Comment