Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fun Filled Weekend

We had an awesome weekend! Sometimes we get into a rut and end up staying home on the weekend working on odd projects but it is so much fun getting out! We decided to spend the weekend doing things we have never done or things we hadn't done in a long time.

We visited the Lichterman Nature center and Kinsley watched the man feed the possum (she kept meowing at it) and box turtles. We then went on a nature walk and saw fish, turtles, and geese (which Kinsley enjoyed quacking at).
Kinsley hates her picture being taken- - perhaps I take too many of her- - whenever I get out my camera she glares at me or runs away.
We were able to leave Kinsley with a babysitter and sneak away for some much needed "US" time. We decided to try miniature golfing because we haven't been in a long time.

I lost even with a "girl" handicap AND a "pregnant" handicap
I have been wanting to ride on a river boat for years and was finally able to! It was a scenic and educational ride. Kinsley was all over the boat and kept going up and down the stairs. Then she would find a puddle to jump in. She kept me on my toes--I'm glad she stayed in the boat.
(The Dolly Parton Bridge) just kiddingWe haven't been down Beale Street in over a year so we took a short stroll down it. I've forgotten how much I enjoyed listening to all of the live music.
.
We went to Kooky Canuck home of the Kookamonga 7 1/2 pound burger. Yes, you read that correctly... SEVEN AND A HALF POUNDS!!! It is made of four pounds of fresh ground-chuck, two pounds of hamburger bun, and one and a half pounds of lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, and cheese. Are you totally disgusted yet? Wait until you add up the calories....

Ground Chuck- 8,960 calories
Bread- 2,464 calories
American Cheese- 848 calories
Tomato, Onion, Pickles, Lettuce- 85 calories
TOTAL CALORIES: 12,387!!!!
(and I'm not even adding the fry's that came with it)

If you can eat this burger by yourself in 60 minutes you get the burger free and you get your picture hung up on the Hall of Fame. Only seven people have been able to do it.

So the burger was not very good and I may have to become bulimic for the next week but the pictures are...
PRICELESS!

Heart attack anyone?!?!The challenge is trying to figure out how to fit that much burger into your mouth.

6 comments:

The Jones Crew said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. The only thing that looks good on that huge hamburger is the pickles on top. Have a great week.

Lant Family said...

looks like you guys had a fun weekend packed with lots of fun things. The riverboat ride is fun huh? I am not at all interested in that big burger--but I did get a burger there during womens conference and it was pretty good. Where did you guys play mini golf?

Luna said...

We have gone to the Kooky Canuck a few times. We think it is fun getting the burger. We also LOVE their indoor s'mores. It is kinda fun watching your kids scream in delight as they swing a flaming marshmallow around in th air.

Jenn said...

Looks like so much fun--makes me want to come visit!! Except for the whole hamburger thing :0)-- I think Jason would think it was awesome and try to eat the whole thing!

Mitzi Beal said...

That burger is disgusting! That's funny Kinsley hates getting her picture taken. Corbin loves it, every time we get out the camera he fully expects us to take a picture of him. He will pose, hold certain positions, it's pretty hilarious. I'm with Kinsley, I hate getting my picture taken.

The Gracie Jones blog said...

Wow--that hamburger is CRAZY! It's like two whole loaves of bread with a small cow between them! So did you guys finish it?

Looks like a fun weekend, and Kiley you look great!