Monday, June 28, 2010

3 Special Visitors

Living so far away from home, we often get homesick for familiar faces of those we love. So, it is always REALLY exciting when we have family and friends visit. This weekend we had three special visitors- my Uncle Biff, his wife Rosie, and their sweet daughter Hazel (who were moving from Texas to New York for school).
You know there is a lot of LOVE in the Jones Family when out of ALL the t-shirts in your closet you both (unplanned) decide to wear the same Jones Family b-ball shirt.
Biff and Rosie are both amazing musicians! Usually we hear their amazing talents around the campfire at the Jones Reunion. All the Jones' will be jealous when they hear this.... but before they left Eric made them put on a little concert just for us.
Kinsley loved Rosie and Biff and started calling them "mom" and "dad" and constantly wanted to be held by one of them.Kinsley had a hard time saying "Hazel" so she renamed her "Jaxson". We corrected her time and time again but she continued calling Hazel, "Jaxson".
Feeding the ducks.
Kinsley loved giving Hazel hugs and kisses! She also loved stealing her toys and not sharing with her.... I guess we will have to work on this.
I had a great time reminiscing with Biff- talking about growing up, family traditions, family reunions, and the fun things we did together as kids. Thanks for visiting!

I love that my ENTIRE extended family lived in the same small town or in close proximity. I feel really blessed to grow up in such a tight knit family! LOVE YOU GUYS!!! So if you are ever in the area- stop by- we'll have our air mattress waiting for you.

7 comments:

Margaret Pratt said...

Very fun to have family visit! It was great to sit with you at linger longer and chat with Rosie & Biff! They were super nice! We wish they were staying! Kinsley piggies are SO cute! Cool BB shirts!

Mitzi Beal said...

He's your uncle? Seriously? Good old mormon families. Gotta love it.

The Gracie Jones blog said...

You got a personal concert?! Lucky! Looks like a super fun time...makes me want to come visit. We'd wear our ball bash shirts and give you a personal concert too :)(hehe...we probably wouldn't be invited back)

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Hey, I thanks for all the nice comments you always leave me! of course I would love to take baby #2 pics for you...put me on your calendar:)

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

I thanks...? what was I typing?

Brittany H said...

Looks like you had a good time. I grew up with all my extended family living close by too. It's hard to be so far away, isn't it?

We Joneses said...

WE LOVE YOU GUYS! Thanks for letting us come visit, and thanks for letting us relive the trip through your sweet blog post! :)If you ever want to come to NY, we've got cots with your names on them... but you're welcome to bring the air mattress if you prefer.