Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring Break

This post is long over due. Eric's Spring Break was weeks ago but I am just now getting around to it. My parent's and sister came from Idaho. We still think they are crazy for driving here (this is their third visit). We tried to talk them into flying because it takes 3.5 hours instead of driving 25 but they didn't listen and insisted on the long drive. I think next year they will change their minds.
Kinsley thought Kristi's wheelchair was really cool. It didn't take her very long to learn how to climb in the chair to honk the horn and turn on the blinkers.My parents watched Kinsley while Eric and I went to the temple with our friend Jerry, who was going through for the first time (he was baptized in January 2009). It has been great watching him make all sorts of changes in his life! We were happy sitting through missionary discussions with him, watching him get baptized, and now going to the temple. We were glad we could be there for his big day.We only spent a few days in Memphis before driving to Branson, Missouri. We hit every outlet mall imaginable and saw a lot of great shows (our favorite being the Shanghai Acrobats). We had a great time and were sad to part ways! Kinsley especially misses all of the attention and I miss my mom's help around the house! It is always great to have people from home here and always sad to see them go.My mom bought Kinsley these glasses. She thinks she is pretty hot stuff!

7 comments:

Lant Family said...

Fun times, it is always nice to have people come and visit. That is really neat you were able to go to the temple with Jerry, I am sure that was a really special time. I am glad you guys had fun with your family.

The Jones Crew said...

I had so much fun with you guys and yes it was hard to go back home I love Kinsley sun glasses that mom gut her they are so cute Kinsley is getting so big and so cute I love all of your pictures they are so cute I hope to see you guys again soon we miss you all Love, Kristi

The Gracie Jones blog said...

I'm sure it was hard to say goodbye after having them there with you for a week! Looks like you had fun! We wish we could come see you guys while you live out there, but I can't commit to driving for 25 hours :) We're not as brave as your parents!

That's neat about your friend Jerry! He's lucky to have friends like you guys!

Jenn said...

Yeah for a post!! It looks and sounds like you guys had a great time!!! We wish we could visit too---if you ever see a super awesome deal on plane tickets let us know--there's no way we'd drive 25 hours--especially with 3 kiddos!!!

Brittany H said...

How fun! Isn't it nice to get a visit from home!

Washington Family said...

What a nut!! She does look pretty cute though!

Luna said...

She is really rockin' those glasses! It is nice to get a visit (and help) from home