Sunday, December 7, 2008

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

When we packed the trailer, to move to Mississippi, we discovered that we did not have room for all of our belongings and we had to pick and choose what was a "need" and what was a "want." We debated, for some time, between our Christmas tree, nativities from around the world, and decorations OR Eric's guitar and bike. (Can you guess which I wanted?) I don't know how... but I lost the debate and we ended up bringing the guitar (which I've only heard the missionaries play) and Eric's bike (which he has ridden one time).

So here it was, Christmas time and I didn't have a Christmas tree, decorations, or my nativity collection (my family collects nativities from around the world... I think my parents have around 50 different ones). What was the world coming too!?!?

Since Eric won the first debate (about what to pack) I made sure to win the second. A $20 special from Walmart! Sure, it isn't as grand as the one sitting in my parent's storage room but it beats the 1 ft Charlie Brown tree that Eric wanted (he is kind of a Christmas Grinch).

6 comments:

Lant Family said...

I am glad you guys got a tree! Looks so pretty. I love Kinsleys Dress.

Scot and Jenny said...

I love the pictures! I am happy you got your Christmas Tree too!

Vrska's said...

Men, they always get what they want, whether they want to admit it or not. Your tree is beautiful, and Kinsley is adorable! And tell Eric he needs to take a break and relax a little bit.

Susan said...

Great pictures - Kinsley looks so cute (as always!)
Our Christmas tree almost didn't pass either, but Dave's Dad gave him a guilt trip about his grand-daughter not having a tree for Christmas... and it actually worked!

Washington Family said...

Sorry but ya these two might be related more than we know! I am always calling Jesse a grinch but we love them any how!~ I'm so excited that you left comment, now I need to figure out how to add family to the list on our website. love you guys!
p.s. Kinsley is so stink'n cute! Good work!

The Gracie Jones blog said...

I like your tree, especially with Kinsley at the top! Your family pictures are really cute, can't wait to see you guys soon!